Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Left Behind: A Shorty and Shivery Tale

A friend issued a challenge to write a short scary story in just 100 words. That intrigued me! I'll be posting one of these a week during October, just because, you know, it's the season for ghosties and ghoulies and frightful things. My friend will be collecting these short-shorts from other writers and will have them all posted on his website a few days before Halloween. I'll post the link to that as soon as it's available.

And now, the story:

from publicdomaintreasurehunter.com
“Feels good to move, doesn’t it?” The voice from the window was deep, smoky.

“Yes. I’ve been sitting too long.” Footsteps sounded on the stairs.

“Here they come. Too soon, too soon…” She reached out as if to push something away.

“Steady,” the voice whispered. “All will be well, you’ll see.”

Cold air entered with two men dressed in black. “Here she is. Died right here in her favorite chair.”

The men lifted a limp form and moved slowly out the door.

“Wait! I’m still here!”
The curtains stirred. “Hush, dear. Come with me. All will be well, you’ll see.”


Copyright Susanna Holstein. All rights reserved. No Republication or Redistribution Allowed without attribution to Susanna Holstein.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, annie! These are fun to write--they make a person do a lot of editing to fit the word count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm totally late to the party here. Nicely done. I always like me a good ghost story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated so may not appear immediately, but be assured that I read and enjoy each and every word you write, and will post them as quickly as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...